Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Old guy back at the new job...which is the old job

I know...I know. You're saying, "What's up with that title?" I was thinking that it's was good to be back at the old job. I kind of modeled my title after that show with Julia Louise Dryfuss "The New Adventures of Old Christine. For those of you who haven't seen the show the premise is this: Christine (Julia) gets divorced and her husband marries a younger woman (MUCH younger) whose name happens to be...CHRISTINE. So Julia is now the OLD Christine who now has to have NEW advertures. Get it? I digress...let's get back on track. For those of you who don't know it...I went back to the job I used to have back about a year ago. There are a few difference this time...
-I only work part time
-I work at night
- I won't stick my nose up to this gify from God (given to me again..
even though I don't deserve it.)


I departed from this job July 2006, exactly ten months ago, thinking I could do better. I now know that I didn't think it through and almost threw a good job away. Sometime I feel like Homer Simpson after he does something stupid. He always utters that famous phrase...

The job is good and I am making good money for calling people on the phone and inviting them to some technology show or offering them some free piece of software for their website. A lot of the same people are still here (fortunately, they did get rid of some people who made the workplace difficult.) It is a lot quieter now. That was usually my issue...it got so loud during the day that I couldn't concerntrate (a HUGE issue for those of us with Adult ADD.)

The funny thing in all those 10 months of working jobs I didn't like or working for people who couldn't seem to pay me weekly, I found out it was all for nothing. All I had to do was call my old boss back and ask him if he would forgive me for leaving and take me back. He told me he would've. I realize now that he did like me and I was doing a good job. I was working an account who's owner liked me..a lot. I was building a business relationship with him (imagine that...I am in business development and that is EXACTLY what I was doing...kudos for me!)

However my ADD brain was bored. I was frustrated because I was doing well and it wasn't a struggle. I know weird, but that is how this old cranium works sometimes! If I had just gone to my boss and told him what was frustrating me....instead of thinking all these stupid things in my head, he probably would've told me I was doing well and gave me what I wanted.

To those non-ADD brains out there this is simple logic. To me it's an assertive effort. This is NOT an excuse either. It seems that I figure these things out AFTER the fact. I am working hard to correct that.

Pray for me....and....thanks :)

Blessings....

No comments: