Thursday, June 14, 2007

Paris Hilton....from party-girl to jail-bird



So....let me assume that you have all heard the news about Paris Hilton arrest and then release from LA County Jail last week? Who hasn't. I guess poor Paris needs to really get a clue about life....when the judge ordered her back to court for the hearing to find out why she was released to house arrest, she wanted to do the hearing via a telephone!

Wow...talk about out of touch with reality. As we know, her 24 hour house arrest came to a quick end and now she is serving her remaining 45 days (which ironically it is written that she will serve more time than others who have received the same sentence for the same offense!) I guess, unlike OJ Simpson, celebs do have to serve their time for their crime! It was rumored that Paris was suicidal...she was crying all night long in her cell. I know that prison is no picnic, but being in for 45 days made her suicidal (allegedly) yike! I don't know about you, but I would call that a bit unnerving...even unstable.

I find it interesting that Sherriff Lee Baca wouldn't give a reason for his decision for releasing her to house arrest. I know a lot of you are thinking bad things, but I think it had to do with her unstability (is that a word???) He made a HUGE mistake and, I think, probably paid for it dearly. He makes Mayberry's Barney Fife look like a brilliant officer! Today the Sherriff's Department Spokesman Steve Whitmore said that Paris medical condition was "stable." What I want to know is what IS this condition?

So, what do we really know about Paris Hilton? She is the great graddaugher of Conrad Hilton, the mastermind behind what is now known as The Hilton Hotel Empire. That empire has an estimated value of $300 million....I thought it would be more. She is listed online as a "socialite" which basically means she gets paid large sums of money (like she needs it) to "appear" at the hottest parties in Tinseltown! Oh...she was also a model...apprearing in GQ, Vogue and others.

Her Hollywood movies career (excluding the X rated stuff) was a movie called "House of Wax" a horror flick. She did such a great job on it that she was awarded 2 razzies for "Worst Supporting Actress." Sad. I really feel bad for this young girl...all that money and has it made her happy? No.

I was thinking about the last known Hollywood socialite to get arrested. Not Lindsey Lohan, not Matthew Perry....rememeber Zza Zza Gabor? She was the one who slapped the LA Police officer back in the 90's? That didn't work out too well for her either! What will Paris do when she gets out in a month? Will she change her ways? It was said that she told a reporter (was it BaBa Walters??) that she found "religion" while in jail.
Really? Interested. Being a christian I know that the definition of "religion" means to "bind up." What you need Paris is to be set free! Maybe Jesus CAN change you. If you really meant what you said. Heck, he saved Saul who became the apostle Paul....he used to persecute Christians.
If Jesus can do that....He can do anything! I am waited with baited breath to see where Paris will go when is gets out. Make us proud Paris.


Blessings,

No comments: