
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it"~ Ferris Bueller
If you are a fan of the sleeper movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" you will remember how Matthew Broderick managed to talk his friend Cameron into "taking a day off." I sometimes feel like that myself...meaning that life is moving so fast that if I don't stop and look...it will pass me by. I spent the last few months looking for work. Although it sounds like it would be easy, believe me, it's not. It actually becomes a full time job. The difference is you don't get paid to LOOK for a job. You do get unemployment, but it's not something you can live on. Actually, I hate getting a check from the state. I look at it this way...if I have the faculties to work...I should be working.
After sending out about 60 resumes, I was getting really discouraged. Having ADD, getting down on yourself is not really NOT something that is good for you. Most ADD'rs have spent their whole lives feeling like they screw up everything (or that they can't keep a good job.) I know in my own life that I have messed up a lot of good opportunities by thinking I could do better somewhere else (this has something to do with ADD, but I will reserve this for another blog.)
I also was approached by my brother to work with him as well. I have been doing business development for his business, but will wait until the work he does gets going (this is a seasonal job, but we will be working on getting it to be "year round business.") This is actually exciting, but will take a lot of work. So, now...this coming spring, summer and fall I will be working an average of 60-80 hours a week. I thank God for allowing me to be able to do this.
I also ask for prayers for good health and lots of rest (while I am not working) so that I can do both jobs. I think I can do it. My brother is really depending on me and I don't want to let him down.
Not forgetting what this site is for, I will be bringing more information to this site about ADD diets, surveys and other items...so stay tuned.
No comments:
Post a Comment