Saturday, December 11, 2010

Two years is a long time


So the other day I was looking at my emails and received a post that linked me back to this site. I was quite amazed that someone still found this site after it was dormant for 2 years. Thank you whoever you are.

It has been quite a while since I have been on here....I know I've said that a lot, but this time it really true!

Well, where do I start? 2009/2010 was what I will call a "transition/trying" year. Let me give you the readers digest condensed version.

In November of 2009 my almost 14 year marriage was in big trouble. My wife asked that I move out. Thinking that I would do this and let her see that we could work it out, I honored her request. What I didn't know was that she already had her mind made up that our marriage was over. I moved in with a friend (who really didn't want me there) and soon found out that I was going to soon become a divorced statistic. This did not make me happy. I was removed from my son who was a HUGE part of my life. I saw him on the weekends and missed him when he wasn't with me.

As time went on I found that I needed to find a place to live. Hope came when a co-worker asked if I wanted to find a place with him (he was living with his sister at the time.) We found a really nice house (all utilities included with free laundry in the basement.) What an awesome deal. So I moved in in February and everything went well until I found out my roommate was a bit or a....oh how do I saw this nicely? He was a bit psychotic.


March came around and so did the end of my job. I was laid off. So I called my brother and went to work for him helping him with his window cleaning and pressure washing business. It was a ton of fun working for him and things seems to get better.

In May, my divorce was finalized and I found out that just as quickly as my now ex-wife dismissed our 14 years of marriage, she now had a new boyfriend. At this point I came to the conclusion that she never really loved me (I mean how could she find someone that fast? I was still single and planned on remaining that way....my goal was to be there for my son....he was still the most important thing in my life.)

I started working odd jobs to keep the money coming in and towards the end of June my roommate told me he was moving out (another good thing to happen.) My son started spending more time with me and soon the house was started to get more and more people looking at it. My ex started spending more and more time at her boyfriends house and my son eventually moved in full time with me (another great thing to happen.)

All during this time my dad had been battling with pancreatic cancer and despite what we thought was a successful surgery to remove this mass and many trips to the hospital, chemotherapy and tons of drugs.....my dad lost his battle in August. This was the final blow to what had been a trying, gut wrenching year for not just me, but my entire family.

So now, after all this, things surprisingly are better....I am blessed. You think this might sound odd, but it has EVERYTHING to do with my faith. Without it, these two years would've been unbearable.

I have had lows that I never knew existed and got though it. I had panic attacks and many sleepless nights, but through it all I knew that God was there and carrying me. My family knows that all of this was Gods will and that my dad is in a better place.....he was suffering on this earth and is in a much better place and, the best part....we will see him again some day.

Thank for reading....more to come.

Subscribe Free Add to my Page

No comments: