So...Christmas is over and it seems that the older that I get the faster the holiday season seems to go by. This season however I had the time to ponder on just exactly this seaso
n means to me. As you may know, the last 18 months has been one of many changes.
Christmas and the meaning of it was a topic of discussion on facebook and it took on an ugly side. There are those who follow the Christian belief that Christmas is the birth of our Lord and Savior, the beginning a life that would lead to an amazing ministry in which He would perform many miracles. Then there are those who follow the more "modern" version that Christmas is about giving and receiving. That is fine, but it seems today that giving means to go to the mall, max out their credit cards and spend the next five months paying them off.
Sorry, but this is NOT how I envision Christmas. I envision Christmas to be a time with family...to BE with them and to share laughs with them. That first night when Jesus was born gifts were brought to honor who he was... "Emmanuel, God with us." This for me is "the reason for the season."
Celebrating at church is always the highlight
for me.
Singing songs about not only the baby Christ, but also about WHAT that little baby did for all of us who understand that FAITH is to follow him the best we can. This year He has been who I listened to and who I followed whenever any major decision in my life was brought forth. And the wonderful thing is that whenever I followed what he had in store for me...I was blessed. I have my own apartment now, I have my son full time AND I new job on the horizon.
That is what I find to be a true blessing of the season!
n means to me. As you may know, the last 18 months has been one of many changes.Christmas and the meaning of it was a topic of discussion on facebook and it took on an ugly side. There are those who follow the Christian belief that Christmas is the birth of our Lord and Savior, the beginning a life that would lead to an amazing ministry in which He would perform many miracles. Then there are those who follow the more "modern" version that Christmas is about giving and receiving. That is fine, but it seems today that giving means to go to the mall, max out their credit cards and spend the next five months paying them off.
Sorry, but this is NOT how I envision Christmas. I envision Christmas to be a time with family...to BE with them and to share laughs with them. That first night when Jesus was born gifts were brought to honor who he was... "Emmanuel, God with us." This for me is "the reason for the season."
Celebrating at church is always the highlight
for me.
Singing songs about not only the baby Christ, but also about WHAT that little baby did for all of us who understand that FAITH is to follow him the best we can. This year He has been who I listened to and who I followed whenever any major decision in my life was brought forth. And the wonderful thing is that whenever I followed what he had in store for me...I was blessed. I have my own apartment now, I have my son full time AND I new job on the horizon.That is what I find to be a true blessing of the season!
No comments:
Post a Comment